Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wangaratta Contemporary Textile Award Winner


This is just a brief post to record the winner of the
Wangaratta Contemporary Textile Award. Apparently, informed sources tell me, Mandy Gunn is the deserved winner for her piece Fire Sticks. Mandy is also a fellow Tamworth Textile Biennial artist. These are the only details I've got so far, but I'll post more info as soon as I get it! Below are some images provided by Louise Saxton, whose work also appears on the cover of the invitation shown in the link above. Congratulations to Mandy, and all the other artists in what is by a number of accounts a great show. I've also found an article announcing the winner here, and which, as an added bonus, mentions my work. (It seems to have moved and I can't find it, but I have an image of it in my next post.)

No comments: