Monday, July 5, 2010

Six Degrees Exhibition Wangaratta

Last weekend I went to rural Victoria for a textile symposium organised by the Wangaratta Exhibitions Gallery to coincide with the opening of the Petite show of textile miniatures, and my own show in the Wangaratta Performing Arts Centre. My show was called Six Degrees. The invitation is above. Parts of two series were shown - four pieces from the woven-human-hair Six Degrees series, and fourteen sock panels from the I Am Because We Are installation. I gave a presentation at the symposium on the evolution of one strand of my art practice that led to the two series on display.






4 comments:

zebra factory said...

Congratulations. Looks great.

Rodney Love said...

Thanks for that. (I so rarely get comments I hadn't even noticed this one was there!)

Anonymous said...

I am currently studyng textiles at the ANU School of Art in Canberra and I saw this exhibition when it was there. I really liked your work and I am glad to find you have a blog. :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Rodney,I was working at WPAC when you exhibited your wall mounted textile work. I am interested to explore ordering some floor rugs through you. Could you please contact me on ljmango@gmail.com to discuss?