Monday, September 1, 2008

Yet another rejection letter!

Yes, I've been rejected again! Can you believe these people! This one was the Woollahra Small Sculpture Prize. It's got quite a high profile, so attracts a lot of entrants. Yet again I've been told how many other people entered - "A record of over 590 entries were received this year for the pre-selection of approximately 40 finalists" - so presumably I won't feel as much of a failure! The judges this year were Edmund Capon, the Director of the Art Gallery of NSW, and Deborah Edwards, the Senior Curator of Australian Art at AGNSW. I guess I won't be showing there any time soon. I think the entry fee was $40 per entry, so they've raked in nearly $24,000 already. If nothing else, it's a tax deduction, and a contribution to the arts. [Sigh] Onwards and upwards...

No comments: