Friday, September 18, 2009

I Am Because We Are Panels 1


I've been meaning to post these sock panels individually for awhile now. I wanted to acknowledge the people who donated socks for the
I Am Because We Are installation, so I thought I'd show a couple of panels at a time with the list of the donors. These two are the first ones that I wove for this project, so the number of donors was still quite small, hence the same people's socks being in both panels. The fabric has been stretched around wooden frames. My original idea was to have them loose, but stretching them over a frame gave them a solid edge which worked better with the memorial theme that I was researching. The names of the donors have been typed onto ribbons which have been woven in with the sock strips.






This is an installation shot from my MFA grad show which includes the two panels:

Grey panel

Emmett O’Shea, Mark Jones, Natham Turner, Gavin Palmer, Phillip Black, Rex Deutscher, Marianne Little, Sue Olive, Pierre Thibaudeau, Tim Lever, Lyndal Campbell, Miki Wakatsuki, Charlie Blum, Peter Perry, Andrew Metcalfe, Alan Ashton, Sandra Eterovic, Micheal Smith, Margaret King, Sue Best, Bill Mobbs, Kay Lyon, Matthew Hall, Olivier Thibaudeau, Sandra Burchill, Robert Dreyer, Thomas wanner, Peter Black, Illona Caldow



Red, white and blue panel

Barbara Rogers, Judy Bourke, Lee Rhiannon, Lyn Dickson, Jacob Kristensen, Tim Dyce, Nazuna Tomita, Liddy Roulston, Gavin Palmer, Claire Milledge, Mark Smith, Diane Losche, Matthew Cecchin, Greg Ward, Sally Sorell, Vanjy Araujo, Tim Lever, Natham Turner, William Lo Giudice, Sharron Olivier, Hanae Satou, François Limondin, Marina Ely, Sandra Eterovic, Marcel Freer, Rex Deutscher, Kristin Headlam

No comments: